Monday, May 10, 2010

Thrilled to be Grilled

This weekend for Mother's Day, Seth and I put together my Mother-in-law's grill.

The plan was for him to put it together by himself but once I saw his frustration while reading the directions, I couldn't stand by and watch him suffer alone! Once I started helping, it was fun! I found that I really love reading directions to figure out which screws + parts go where and then telling Seth what to do...which was brilliant because that's the part that he hates!

It took us 3.5 hours to finish it. At one point, we had to take it apart and start from scratch because of something I had done when Seth left for a minute (I tried to be a good wife by working while he was gone but I put the wrong parts together)!



Finally, around 9pm the grill was ready to go. I had marinated the steaks in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.

I love the proud look his mother gave him right before we bit into heaven. It was so incredibly worth the wait!

KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers