Sunday, September 5, 2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...About Wine

Leather, Wood, Dirt, Dust, Spice, Smoke and Earth.

Tonight I picked up a bottle of red. I wanted something incredibly brave that could stand on it's own.

I found a bottle of French Red from the Languedoc Region, the 2008 Pech Redon La Clape Les Cades for about $14. The write up said "This really over delivers for the price. Big ripe cherry, black berry, strawberry and blueberry mix with dusty tannins, yet velvety. Awesome with a steak."


Our review: Woody tanins with a cedar finish. I felt like I was in a candle lit room with Napoleon Bonaparte. We definitely decanted the 2nd glass...which opened up nicely to expose plum and berries.

We paired it perfectly with a little Dylan.


KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers