Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Barefoot in Paris

Seth & I had two of our favorite people, Chidi & Esther Achura over for dinner the other night. I felt inspired. I opened my "Barefoot in Paris" book my mom bought me for Christmas and found these delicious recipes.

We started dinner with an Endive, Pear, and Roquefort Salad. Our main course was Filet of Beaf au Poivre, and Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce.















































The salad dressing was amazing and was composed of champagne vinegar, mustard, egg yolk, salt, pepper & olive oil. The Hollandaise sauce was such a nice touch on the asparagus and the steak was cooked in beef broth and Cognac and topped with chopped shallots.

We enjoyed a bottle of Chateau Boisson Premieres Cotes De Bordeaux 2008 which went perfectly with the Filet of Beef au Poivre. I love a good dry Bourdeax with red meat. We finished the meal with fresh strawberries, bananas and dark chocolate sufflè.

Delicious!

KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers