Friday, December 10, 2010

Gourmet Shepherd's Pie

When I offered to host a dinner for 13 people, I went hunting to find a special recipe that would feed a big group. I also wanted it to be gourmet-y because I know that "love is in the details." I found this Gourmet Shepherd's Pie recipe on Epicurious.com. Such a perfect winter feast! The ingredients such as lamb, pearl onions, leeks, turnips, and white wine made me smile and I knew it would do the same for our friends.




Again, I had the help of NYCSalt student Devin Osorio. He is an incredible sioux chef. He did a lot of the hard work like skinning the pearl onions and chopping up the turnips.

While guests waited for the pie to come out of the oven, we served them our Holiday Bourbon Ginger Snap


Devin and I had a couple of really good laughs.
1. We got the wrong turnips and ended up having to pull them out of the pot one by one.
2. I lit my oven mit on fire
3. Burned a pan
4. We let the lamb braise a little too long which braised away some of the important details, however the flavor was still delicious!

I highly recommend this recipe for something special.

Gourmet Shepherd's Pie Recipe


KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers