Friday, March 19, 2010

Garbage Chef


My good friends Nate & Paula Orr coined this phrase which means "cooking with whatever you can find in your cupboard."

Tonight, I was a garbage chef.

I took 1/2 a bag of frozen shrimp that has been in my freezer for over a month. I sauteed some garlic and onions on my favorite skillet and added the shrimp, de-tailed and chopped in half. I let that simmer for a while. I didn't have any heavy cream so I poured in some whole milk and used whatever was left of the parmesan cheese and grated it to thicken the sauce. As that was simmering, I quickly boiled the fettucini that we've had FOREVER.

Salt & Pepper to taste...as always.

I love my skillet.

KSW

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for you and Seth to have a cooking show!

    :)

    your pictures are so amazing! You are really a good cook as well I see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything about this meal...it's quick and cheap and looks delicious! i've been cooking a lot lately too...and now that i think about it, i'm sure you rubbed off on me last summer!

    ReplyDelete

Followers