Friday, March 19, 2010

Lamb





I discovered last night that I can cook lamb the same way that I have been cooking steaks.

We wanted to only spend $20 so I went to Franks and purchased 5 lamb steaks. My friend Sarah who was acting as my sous chef for the event, sliced the steaks into smaller portions to feed a large crowd.

We seasoned with salt & pepper and threw the lamb pieces onto a hotter than hot cast iron skillet (my very favorite thing in my entire kitchen and Seth bought it for me for about $25 at the hardware store down the street). We didn't use additional olive oil only because lamb is more fatty.

We cooked the meat 4 minutes on each side for medium rare and about half way through we added some fresh cut rosemary which as Sarah discovered made a very attractive garnish when it was all said and done.

We packed the house with men women & children and hosted the Passover Seder!

Chag Sameach!!

KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers